Here are our top 10 picks for the month across the spectrum of underground House & Techno:
1. Catz n Dogz - Rave History (Original Mix) [Pets Recordings]
A clear winner for us, rocking dance floors across the world for the last month.
2. M.A.N.D.Y. feat. Nonku Phiri - Hi End (Re.You Remix) [Get Physical]
An awesome track from M.A.N.D.Y gets a percussive & melodic rework from Re.You - part of a stellar release on Get Physical including a Blond:ish remix.
3. BOg, Remcord - Roba (Original Mix) [Monaberry]
An outstanding release on Monaberry consisting of three solid originals. Our pick of the three is Roba, with a quirky groove & killer hook.
4. Severin Su - Elephant Cry (Just Her Remix) [Exotic Refreshment]
Just Her delivers a driving remix of Severin Su’s Elephant Cry, released as part of Exotic Refreshments 10 year anniversary compilation.
5. Vince Watson & Kirk Degiorgio - Variable Slope (Voiski Remix) [Suara]
Another huge release from Suara, with Vince Watson & Kirk Degiorgio getting the remix treatment from Voiski. The outcome is a sublime piece of credible melodic tech house.
6. Avidus - Ruins (Original Mix) [Hommage]
After premiering the Monkey Safari remix from this EP earlier in the month, we delved into the rest of the release, to find a showcase of diversity & quality from label newcomers Avidus.
7. Kyodai - Weekend (Original Mix) [Exploited]
A typical nod to 90s house, delivered with style from Exploited regulars Kyodai.
8. Allies For Everyone - For Rejects (Sakorka Remix) [Constant Circles]
The team at Constant Circles raise money for a great cause with this release from Allies For Everyone, including remixes from Just Her, Nandu and Sakorka, with all proceeds going to UNICEF.
You can donate/buy on their BANDCAMP page.
9. Krink - Jupiter (Original Mix) [Hold Your Ground]
A lesson in deep techno from Krink, forming part of Hold Your Ground’s Stiff Little Spinners Vinyl compilation, curated by the Audiolith team.
10. Marco Resmann - Babylon Side feat. Deep Aztec & Black Soda (Original Mix) [Watergate]
Such a big track that we thought it deserved a second feature from us.